1) Two Timin’ Pasta – This recipe gets rave reviews from at least ten of my friends. We were somewhat unimpressed. I thought it was too saucy and Tim was skeptical of the pink sauce – he probably thought I added ricotta or cream cheese. But, we are the only people I know who didn’t like this so it is worth a try in your house.
2) Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins – Made these for Lucas to bring to school for snack and they’ve been well received. I’m not sure if he actually likes the taste or just the novelty of being offered a whole muffin.
3) Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice and Barbacoa Beef – These are Chipotle knock off recipes made “skinnier.” The beef (which I made using pork roast) was extremely flavorful and very simple. I used the crock pot instead of a pressure cooker (8 hours on low, no searing to start), and served it over the cilantro lime rice with sauteed veggies. It made enough for freezer leftovers. We will definitely make this again.
5) Kung Pao Chicken – Very tasty and pretty quick weeknight meal, Lucas liked the chicken as well. Served with brown rice, chopped green onions and a side of sauteed snow peas.
6) Homemade pretzels with jalapeno cheese sauce – I skipped the homemade pretzel part because yeast and I don’t get along so well and there is a pretzel factory down the road. The jalapeno cheese sauce, however, was very good. I doubled the garlic and seeded the jalepeno to mute some of the spice since I was serving to guests.